Thursday, October 4, 2012

On Our Hearts: Vow Renewal


"To love and to cherish, till death do us part." If you've been married a while those words may seem like all but a distant memory now, but there was a day where you probably nervously recited them back to the love of your life. A covenant vow that was pledged in front of your family and friends. An intimate promise that was extended to your husband only. However, it wasn’t just for that one day. Those words don’t have an expiration date and neither does your marriage. God wants us to be a loving, honoring, and respectful wife. And we do that not by words we say at a ceremony but how we treat our spouse every day. How are you continuing to love and to cherish your spouse?
 

 
Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the man whom I call my husband. Show me how you want me to love him. Let my heart be open to him. May my words be tender and honoring toward him. Help me to become the wife that you want me to be. Show me how to cherish my husband and the moments that we have together and with our family. Let me become a sacred place for him to share his innermost secrets with me. Let our communication be based on love, trust, and respect for each other. Give me the desire to pursue my husband. May our marriage grow more dynamic and intimate as the years go by. Thank you for our marriage, Lord. Thank you for your perfect example of love so that we can show that same love to our spouse.

Amen

 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment