Thursday, September 2, 2010

On Our Hearts: Knight in Shining Armor

He leaves his socks by the bed or forgets to put the cap back on the toothpaste - that's right ladies, I'm talking about your husband. That one you stood beside and vowed to love and to cherish. Time has passed and you may look at him now and think he's just an ordinary guy, but he's still your knight in shining armor. Yes, I realize we don't live in medieval times and your husband probably doesn't resemble a noble knight no more than your home resembles a majestic castle. But he desires the adoration and respect just as those brave knights of ancient days had.


Is your knight's armor a little rusty and in need of some polishing? Well then get out the cloth and start scrubbing. Just like the silver your grandmother handed down to you, it's not going to get sparkly and shiny just by sitting in a drawer. Your husband is the same way. You may not have intentionally left him to sit idly by while you take care of the kids, the house, your job or whatever else you've committed yourself to. Take the time right now to take care of him. He's just waiting for you to carefully reveal the hidden layer that attracted you to him. However, instead of using polish apply words of praise. Instead of a soft cloth try buffing him with hugs and kisses. Make his armor shine so bright that he's reflecting you!

Father God,

Thank you so much for the man that you have given me to be my husband. You have divinely put us together to glorify you, Lord. Help me to overlook his blemishes and imperfections. Instead show me my flaws Lord and give me your wisdom and guidance that I may overcome my own faults. Lord show me how I can demonstrate true love to my husband. Give me the desire and ability to make him shine. Even when he I feel he is least deserving, may I still give him the honor he deserves. Let me fulfill his righteous desires and be the wife he longs for.

Amen


"A wife should put her husband first, as she does the Lord. A husband is the head of his wife, as Christ is the head and the Savior of the church, which is his own body. Wives should always put their husbands first, as the church puts Christ first. Ephesians 5:22 - 24

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:10, 11

No comments:

Post a Comment