Friday, October 30, 2009

On Our Hearts: I Am Human

I am going to break format today and be a little vunerable. I have not posted a prayer in more than a week. I confess I have been struggling, conflicted, and have a heavy heart. Last year I had a wake up call, a 'close call' if you will, the scare of the reality that we are mortal. At that time I grew alot and was affirmed in my faith. Now I have a good friend in this serious situation. I know in this situation I should be turning to my Lord, and I have, but what is on my heart I have not been able to put into words. Until now.
-Micki


Father,

I cry out to you, I fall on my knees, I have no choice but to turn to you. There are situations we are faced with in life we just don't understand. To us they just don't make sense. This is our human nature - our desire to have control, our desire to understand what without a doubt is not meant to be understood. Whether it is us personally in this situation or others we know and love.


I pray for peace, I pray for reassurance, I pray for healing. Praise Jesus for our salvation, I am so blessed. I am blessed.


Amen

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment